Fostering research excellence
in EU Outermost Regions
During the last Steering Committee on February 17th, ITC (Instituto Tecnológico de Canarias) responsible for setting up the Thematic Working Groups highlighted the main success of the groups within the Work Package 3 since 2021.
Extracted from the WP3 report and the B2B meetings with facilitators, key findings have been introduced by ITC. Dynamics within the groups depending on the member’s profile revealed that Subgroups with common profiling led European Framework calls analysis. Some facilitators have taken to themselves relevant responsibilities of the different tasks of the Action plan. Focused on the Framework Program’s calls and opportunities, more than 60 European calls were identified.
Achievements are primarily reported as submitted or prepared calls :
– 3 submitted proposals (Health inTWG1 and Marine Sciences in TWG8)
– Participation of TWG5 Climate change and energy transition in European Cluster 5 brokerage event with 5 abstracts with potential participation.
– More than 250 members registered, opening opportunities to know more about each other and European Union funding opportunities.
In the scope of the end of the project, the upcomings actions are the elaboration of the sustainability report, the final meeting with sub- coordinators in Brussels and the organization oftrainings for the TWG sub-coordinators.
The training targets are as follows : Research and Innovation experts, future project leaders, research organizations, VSEs (very small entreprises) and SMEs (small and medium entreprises).
Training 1 : R&I project for SMEs and University-Private collaboration – March 16, 2022
• Description of Pillar III of Horizon Europe
• Expectations of the European Commission
• Feedback from Mr. Claudio Mantero, Senior
Project Manager and Sub-coordinator of Forward TWG5 “Climate change and energy transition”
• Scenario (practical part)
Registration link :
Training 2 : The “Widening participation and Strength European Research Area” an opportunity for the ORs – April 13 and 15, 2022
• History of European framework programs
• Expectation of the European Commission
• Description of Pillar IV and associated programs (Excellence Hub, Teaming, Twinning, Hop-on
• Integration of Pillar IV with other programs (ERA
Chair, MSCA, etc.)
• Advice on setting up a Pillar IV project
Training 3 : Setting up a project Writing a proposal
– May 18, 2022
Training 4 : Management of a European project and the new expectations of the European Commission (equality between men and women,
FAIR protocol for data, Communication and promotion of the results of European projects –
May 20 mai, 2022
Training 5 : International collaborations (networks, management, opportunities, RUP- Caribbean) know how to create and maintain your network – June 13 and 15, 2022
• The basics of international collaboration
• CE’s expectations in terms of collaboration
• Horizon Europe 2021-2027
• International funding in the Caribbean (InterReg-Caribbean)
• Other sources of international funding »
Each training, will be in two days with two-hour sessions (13 :00 CET), with theoretical and practical sessions.
The duration is 45 minutes maximum with short interventions by experts, guides (Quadruple helix) and testimonials from program winners.
The training is plan to be in French and count with simultaneous translation.