Fostering research excellence
in EU Outermost Regions
Research centers or research group
AN INNOVATION ACCELERATOR IN THE AGRICULTURAL SECTOR
Being an innovation hub serving the competitiveness of tropical productions, PARM is a technological resource centre (CRT) which supports the development of Martinique’s agro-resources and the agro-food sector.
It is an innovation accelerator that provides companies and professionals in the agro-processing sector with a high-performance and operational tool. PARM is at the service of players who aim for competitiveness, performance and economic development objectives, by enabling them to meet the needs of their markets through innovation. It deploys its activities by allowing agro-processing professionals to generate added value for themselves and for the territory.
• A team of 20 permanent engineers, technicians and support staff.
• A technological hall of 250m² Sectors: fruits, vegetables, peyi vegetables (tropical starches) livestock products (meat, fish, honey), aromatic and medicinal plants.
• A sensory analysis laboratory Organoleptic study of products.
• A laboratory of microbiological, physicochemical and nutritional analyzes Analyzes to validate the conformity of products and enhance their value.
• An eco-extraction platform Sectors: plants, F&V, spices, seaweed, etc.
Area of expertise and services: PARM deploys its missions to the agricultural sectors (fruits, vegetables, tropical starch products), livestock (meat products, seafood, honey) and aromatic and medicinal plants of Martinique.
PARM relies on a committed and experienced team of engineers and technicians with diverse skills. Equipped with pilot-scale equipment allowing technological tests to be carried out using classic and innovative processes. This platform ensures the validation of unit operations, before the industrial stage. A real lever in R&D and marketing assistance, sensory analysis is a support for quality control. It is a reliable and objective tool, combining rigor and method in a laboratory designed in accordance with the AFNOR V09-105 standard. Equipped with innovative eco-extraction technologies: microwave and ultrasonic extraction, maceration, turbo distillation, hydro-distillation … to enhance Martinique’s bioresources: plants, fruits & vegetables, spices, algae, etc.
PARM anchored in a solid network of partners, PARM is part of many technical and institutional networks, both at the regional and national levels. This network involves research organizations, institutions, technical centres, competitiveness clusters and professional organizations.
PARM is in regular contact with its ecosystem and can provide high-level expertise to any company or partner that requests it. PARM is a “Technical Partner” member of the ACTIA network (Technical Coordination Association for the Food Industry).
Conduct collaborative research & development programs.
Provide companies with technological services and resources to strengthen their competitiveness Support the training of professionals, students, doctoral students and interns.
Support the development of innovative projects: from idea to marketing.
Support the emergence & development of strategic sectors, business clusters, etc.
Build and lead a solid network of partners in the agri-food and bio-resource sectors.
COLLECTIVE ACTION PROGRAMS:
• Product technology, process, agro-food pre-series, cosmetics, phyto-ingredients.
• Quality assistance.
• Technological advice.
• Innovation: from idea to commercialization.
• Marketing of food innovation.
• Sensory studies of food and marketing tests.
• Food analyzes and conservation studies.
• Professional training.
• Network animation (technical days, seminars, dissemination of watches, etc.).