Fostering research excellence
in EU Outermost Regions
Within the framework of the 3 promotional videos scheduled for dissemination and communication of FORWARD, CTG (Collectivité Territoriale de Guyane), the French Guianese Work Package Leader has launched the second video.
Focused on each OR’s Research and Innovation potential by introducing their infrastructures, projects or innovative solutions, you can discover in 3 minutes some examples of ORs’ equipment.
ORs play a strategic role for a knowledge-based Europe with its high potential ecosystems.
FORWARD contributes to the improvement of the knowledge of ORs research and innovation ecosystems.
This video showcases 9 examples of ORs’ infrastructures or projects in several fields such as Earth Sciences, Bio-technologies, Bio products, biodiversity, health and digital.
• In Azores, NONAGON is a catalyst of the processes of technological transfer to enable synergies between public and private sectors.
• In Martinique, the Vulcanological Observatory is involved in the implementation of the warning systems for tsunamis and other coastal hazards.
• In Réunion, the Maido Atmospheric Observatory aims to better understand interactions between atmosphere and earth surface, including its emissions.
• In the Canary Islands, the Spanish Bank of Algae identifies and preserves microalgae for innovative agriculture, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical applications.
• In French Guiana, Bio-Stratège is an innovative consultancy firm bringing out the bioactive molecules in plants obtained from Amazonian biodiversity extracts.
• In Madeira, the Ocean Observatory is dedicated to permanent monitoring of marine biodiversity, involving multi-disciplinary groups of researchers.
• In Saint Martin, the construction of the Caribbean Institute of Insular Biodiversity aims at the promotion of eco-responsible tourism to preserve the unique plant and animal biodiversity of the Caribbeans.
• In Guadeloupe, the MALIN project aims to generate knowledge on diseases in the territory, leveraging a high-throughput diagnostic platform to process high numbers of DNA and RNA samples in a reduced time.
• In Mayotte, the region’s Data Centre offers a high level of security without impacting the servers, ensuring unprecedented levels of maintenance operations.
Watch the video 2 on our YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upMuXNHO0CE&t=10s
Video 1 : introducing Forward
The video 3 will be available in November 2021.
Stay connected and join-us on social networks