The FORWARD project at Cosmetopeia congress – March 29th 2022
The French Agricultural Research Center for International development and our Forward partners Guyane Développement Innovation and Collectivité Territorial de Guyane are organizing a congress entitled :
“Trees and other plants of the Cosmetopeia: perspectives of innovation and valorization of the sectors in Overseas France” which will take place in French Guiana from March 28th to 30th, 2022, it will be a hybrid event (physically and online).
This scientific and cultural event, on healing and perfuming trees, should bring together about a hundred participants, including researchers, producers, socio-economic and political actors, from overseas territories and departments (Reunion Island, Polynesia, New Caledonia, Martinique, Guadeloupe …), from metropolitan France but also from other geographical areas.
This symposium will allow to promote initiatives at the regional level, to encourage the transfer and innovation by creating bridges and sharing successful models, to create added value in the overseas regions and to participate in the economic recovery and employment on a sector full of future. This meeting is in line with the Forward project aiming to strengthen the research and innovation assets of the outermost regions (OR).
The FORWARD session is scheduled for 29 March – 11am-12pm (local time) 3pm-4pm (Brussels time).
The objectives, progress, preliminary results of the OR thematic working groups and the perspectives of Forward will be presented.
Here is the program of the forward session :
- Opening words of the Forward project coordinator – Canary Islands Government –(coordination team)
- Broadcast of the 3 promotional videos (presentation of Forward, OR research infrastructures and projects and Forward results) – (CTG)
- Presentation of the implementation and preliminary results of Thematic Working Groups (TWG)– (ITC – Canary Island) Dayana Martin Andara
- Perspectives of collaboration between ORs – the after Forward – (FRCT – AZORES Tiago Valente)
- Perspectives of collaboration between ORs – Claudio Montero TWG5 Subcoordinator Climate Change and energy transition (Madeira)
For more info click here : https://cosmetopee2022.cirad.fr/